Skip to main content

Posts

All Saints Church, Wairongomai

All Saints Anglican Church, Wairongomai, is framed from the road by an avenue of karaka trees and continuous low hedging, leading the eye to the beautiful church.  It is one of the most elegantly landscaped rural churches in the Wairarapa and is listed on the Wairarapa District Plan (HS159)
Recent posts

Norwegian Methodist Church, Mauriceville North

The Norwegian Methodist Church sits on a hill above North Road, in Mauriceville North .  It has a Category 1 Heritage New Zealand listing: Number 204.


St Francis Lutheran Church, Mauriceville West

St Francis Lutheran Church stands on a rise above Mauriceville West Road and dates from 1957. The church was recently repainted, is immaculate, and looks well cared for and much loved. It sits among historic gravesites and overlooks the gently rolling hills of Mauriceville West.

St Cuthbert's Anglican Church, Eketahuna

St Francis of Assisi, Bideford

The Church of St Francis of Assisi sits on a terrace, high above the Tauweru River. It was built in 1875, on land donated in 1878 to the Church of England by David Carman, a former owner of parts of Bowlands. It has a Category II heritage listing, register number 1285.

First Church, Martinborough

Celebrating 140 years, July 2011



St Andrew's, Martinborough

The Anglican Church of St Andrew, in Dublin Street, Martinborough, was built in 1883 by William Benton and designed by Frederick de Jersey Clere. It has a Category II heritage listing, number 1313.